The Parents/Guest program at New Student Orientation includes a variety of activities that are meant to introduce you to the university and provide information that will help you ease your student's transition to college life. Orientation is a great opportunity for parents, loved ones, and supporters to learn what it means to be a Partner in your student's success, meet staff and faculty members, find out what it will take for your student to be academically successful at UC Merced, and learn about helpful campus resources.
Parents and Guests are welcomed to participate in the online orientation experience with their student. The summer 2021 online orientation experience will take place in late June and through the month of July via Zoom. There is no additional fee for students to register guests. Students and registered guests will receive the zoom webinar link for their online orientatione experience to their UC Merced email address.
Parents, loved ones, and supporters are invited to a "Partners in Sucess Session" where they will have the opportunity to speak with our orientation leader team about their UC Merced experiences, network with other guests, and learn ways to empower their student. These sessions will take place over zoom and the links will be provided in your orienation confirmation email once your student signs you up.
At orientation you can:
- Learn tips that will help your student achieve academic success at UC Merced
- Receive information about helpful campus resources
- Meet faculty, staff, and learn about their teaching/research interests
- Hear from current students about campus life
- Learn how to ease your student's transition to college life
- Ask our staff questions about financial aid, housing, health insurance, billing and much more
Review the frequently asked questions for first year students.