The Parents/Guest program at New Student Orientation includes a variety of activities that are meant to introduce you to the university and provide information that will help you ease your student's transition to college life. Orientation is a great opportunity for parents, loved ones, and supporters to learn what it means to be a partner in your student's success, meet staff and faculty members, find out what it will take for your student to be academically successful at UC Merced, and learn about helpful campus resources.
Parents and Guests are welcome to participate in the Orientation experience with their student. On Orientation day (in-person) there will be two programs running concurrently; one program specifically for students and the other program for parents and guests. Parents and guests will have an opportunity to reconnect with their students during the lunch portion and the farewell reception.
At Parent and Guest Orientation you can:
- Learn tips that will help your student achieve academic success at UC Merced
- Receive information about helpful campus resources
- Meet faculty, staff, and learn about their teaching/research interests
- Hear from current students about campus life
- Learn how to ease your student's transition to college life
- Ask our staff questions about financial aid, housing, health insurance, billing, and much more