Things to Do Before Orientation
- Apply for on-campus housing by May 3, 2017 (if available)
- Register for orientation by June 1, 2017
- Take any applicable placement exams by June 1, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
- Check your UC Merced email for your confirmation and updates
- Browse this site for answers to your orientation questions
- Register for classes through your MyUCMerced Portal starting June 19, 2017 prior to attending Orientation
- Send the most current official, sealed transcripts to the Office of Admissions (either postmarked or electronically submitted) on or before July 1, 2017
- Send ALL official test scores to the Office of Admissions by July 15, 2017
- Request your current term's transcripts to be sent immediately after the conclusion of the term (if applicable)
- Plug into campus life and create your CATLIFE profile
- Log on to your MyUCMerced Portal to:
- Submit your Statement of Legal Residence (if applicable)
- Submit a Student Health Insurance Waiver (if applicable)
- Verify whether your transcripts and scores have been received
- Submit vaccination information, upload vaccine record and answer TB questionnaire.
- Financial Aid: Please bring your completed Direct Costs Worksheet to estimate if you will owe a balance or receive a refund. Staff will be available to answer any questions you may have about your worksheet results. Please click here to access 2017-18 Financial Aid forms.
- Search for a campus jobs through the Center for Career & Professional Advancement (if needed)
Items to Bring to Orientation
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Identification (ID) or Drivers License so you may receive your UCM ID Card (CatCard)
- Copies of your transcripts and test scores
- A refillable water bottle (suggested)
- Money to purchase UC Merced gear at the Campus Store
Summer Orientation check-in starts a 8:00 a.m.; Program will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m.