The Transfer Student Orientation program includes activities that are designed to help you successfully transition to the campus and prepare you for an exciting first semester. Orientation is a great opportunity to meet students and staff and administrators, find out what it takes to be a successful student, and learn about helpful campus resources. Spring 2019 New Student Orientation is scheduled for Friday, December 14, 2018. Check in will begin at 8:00 a.m. with the one-day session beginning promptly at 9:00 a.m. and continuing until 5:00 p.m. Plan to stay for the entire time. A continental breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided.
At orientation you can:
- Learn tips that will help you achieve academic success at UC Merced
- Get information about helpful campus resources
- Hear from current students about campus life
- Make new friends
- Go on a campus tour
- Visit the Campus Store to purchase UC Merced gear
- Get your individual questions answered
- Have your Photo ID taken for your CatCard
We look forward to you joining our community. Orientation is your first step in understanding the resources and building the relationships that will help you to be successful at UC Merced and in life after graduation.
Ready to Sign Up?
Orientation registration for new Spring 2019 students begins November 1st at 10:00 a.m.
Review the frequently asked questions about Transfer Student Orientation.