The Transfer Student Orientation program includes activities that are designed to help you successfully transition to the campus and prepare you for an exciting first semester. For Spring 23, Orientation will take place in-person on Friday, January 13, 2023.
Orientation is a great opportunity to hear from staff and administrators, connect with current students, fellow incoming transfer students, and to find out what it takes to be a successful student at UC Merced.
At orientation you can:
- Learn tips that will help you achieve academic success at UC Merced
- Get information about helpful campus resources
- Hear from current students about campus life
- Make new friends
- Get your individual questions answered
- We look forward to you joining our community. Orientation is your first step in understanding the resources and building the relationships that will help you to be successful at UC Merced and in life after graduation.
Parking is included in your orientation fee and will be available in the Bellevue parking lot. Signage will be displayed to help you locate the designated orientation parking spaces in the Bellevue parking lot.
A light continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshments will be provided for you at your orientation. We will also have hydration stations available where you can fill up a refillable water bottle. We encourage you to bring a refillable water bottle to your orientation.
Review the frequently asked questions about Transfer Student Orientation.