Congratulations on your decision to attend UC Merced! Joining the UC Merced community will provide you with fulfilling, exciting, and fun academic and personal experiences. In order to make a smooth transition, your next step is to attend New Student Orientation.
The mission of UC Merced Orientation is to be an empowering and transformational experience that prepares a successful pathway to graduation.
- Understand the purposes of a college education and the differences between high school and college.
- Set educational goals by engaging with campus services and resources and understanding academic skills that will lead to graduation.
- Develop connections for involvement in co-curricular activities through engaging and personal encounters with faculty, staff, and fellow students.
Students will experience the 4 R's of New Student Orientation
1. Resources- UC Merced offers a variety of resources to help you succeed. We will introduce you to these resources both through the online pre-orientation and in-person orientation.
2. Relationship Building- You will have the opportunity to meet new people and develop new friendships through various activities we have planned for you.
3. Reflection- You will have an opportunity to reflect on your goals and potential as a Bobcat.
4. Readiness- Students will participate in experiences that focus on preparing them for their first year as a UCM student through the online pre-orientation and their on campus orientation experience.