Congratulations on your decision to attend UC Merced. Joining the UC Merced community will provide you with fulfilling, exciting and fun academic and personal experiences. In order to make a smooth transition, your next step is to attend New Student Orientation.
The mission of UC Merced Orientation is to be an empowering and transformational experience that prepares a successful pathway to graduation.
- Understand purposes of a college education and the differences between high school and college.
- Set educational goals by engaging with campus services and resources and understanding academic skills that will lead to graduation.
- Develop connections for involvement in co-curricular activities through engaging and personal encounters with faculty, staff and fellow students.
Students will experience the 4 R's of New Student Orientation
1. Readiness- (Before attending your online Orientation please ensure you complete the online pre-orientation at least two weeks prior to your online Orientation date). The online pre-orientation program will provide you with numerous resources to help you feel ready for your orientation experience.
2. Resources- UC Merced offers a variety of resources to help you succeed. We will introduce you to these resources both through the online pre-orientation and your online orientation.
3. Relationship Building- You will have the opportunity to meet new people and develop new friendships through various activities we have planned for you.
4. Reflection- You will have an opportunity to reflect on your goals and potential as a Bobcat.