In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, UC Merced’s Summer 2020 New Student Orientation will be delivered online. This decision was made to ensure the safety of incoming students, their families and loved ones, current students, and faculty and staff at UC Merced.
New Student Orientation will continue to prepare students for success by providing information and access to UC Merced resources during this unique time, ensuring that the experience is technologically and fiscally accessible.
Additional updates will be provided on this page; be sure check back for more information.
Thank you for your understanding and we are excited to welcome you to the Bobcat family!
Summer 2020 Orientation
To reflect the changes to the Summer 2020 orientation experience, we reduced the New Student Orientation fee to $50.
Included in this fee are both student and parent & guest orientation and access to virtual experiences for each audience throughout the summer. This fee pays for both the technology and student employment necessary to deliver Orientation online.
Fees are posted to your UC Merced student account in August, and must be paid in full by the Fall 2020 Fee Payment deadline of August 19, 2020.
If you have recently experienced a significant loss of household income, you may submit a Financial Aid Special Circumstances Appeal once it becomes available on June 1 for the 2020-21 Academic Year. For more information, visit - https://financialaid.ucmerced.edu/special-circumstances-appeal
Tuesday, June 23rd 4pm-7:15pm (via Zoom)
Saturday, June 27th 10am-1:15pm (via Zoom)
Tuesday, June 30th* (Spanish Parent & Guest Session) 4pm-7:15pm (via Zoom)
Tuesday, July 7th 4pm-7:15pm (via Zoom)
Friday, July 10th (Transfer Student Orientation) 4pm-7:15pm (via Zoom)
Tuesday, July 14th 4pm-7:15pm (via Zoom)
Saturday, July 18th* (Spanish Parent & Guest Session) 10am-1:15pm (via Zoom)
Tuesday, July 21st 4pm-7:15pm (via Zoom)
Saturday, July 25th 10am-1:15pm (via Zoom)
*Presentations will be only in Spanish for Parents and Guests attending Orientation on Tuesday, June 30th and Saturday, July 18th
Last day to make ANY changes:
How to Register
- You will need your UCMNetID (i.e. hsmith), password and student ID number handy for completing the registration form.
- First, students must submit the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). After 24 hours, students will be given access to the registration form for orientation.
- Click on Register Now button (starting April 20th).
- Complete the form.
- Check to ensure all information is accurate before submitting.
- Click Submit.
- You may change your registration online up to two weeks prior to your orientation date. In addition, a $20 administration fee will be assessed for any registration changes AFTER the two-week deadline has passed (For example, adding a guest past the two week deadline). All registration changes are based on availability.
- Please note: Admissions and Orientation are two separate offices with different deadlines and functions. It is the student's reponsiblity to communicate with the Orientation office if their admission decision changes and they will no longer be able to attend UC Merced. It is the student's responsbility to cancel their Orientation date by the two week deadline via the orientation website in order to not be charged any Orientation fees. After the two week deadline, students will be responsible for paying their Orientation fees.