Spring Pre-Orientation Checklist
Things to Do Before Orientation
- Register for orientation.
- Check your UC Merced email for your confirmation and updates.
- Browse this site for answers to your orientation questions.
- Send the most current official, sealed transcripts and test scores to the Admissions Office by the following date:
- January 6, 2017: All final transcripts, including the Fall 2016 semester/quarters
- December 2, 2016: All other transcripts and test scores should be received by the university, so we may prepare advising materials for your orientation day.
- Request your current term's transcripts to be sent immediately after the conclusion of your fall term (if applicable)
- Take any applicable placement exams
- Log on to MyUCMerced to:
- Submit your Statement of Legal Residence (if applicable).
- Submit a Student Health Insurance Waiver (if applicable).
- Verify whether your transcripts and scores have been received.
- Apply for on-campus housing (if available).
- Search for campus jobs (if needed).
Items to Bring to Orientation
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Your ID or Drivers License so you may receive your UCM Identification Card (CatCard)
- Umbrella or rain coat (just in case)
- Money to purchase UC Merced gear at the Campus Store
- Copies of your most current transcripts and test scores